Sunday: 3 PM – 6 PM
J. Marie Camp was born and raised in Dallas, Texas, the youngest girl of six children who learned at an early age the value of working hard and community service. Growing up in the Pleasant Grove neighborhood of Dallas, she volunteered her time at the Dallas County Community Action Center where she became a member of the NAACP. As a teen she volunteered through her high school to tutor elementary students through a PEERS program which was a continuation of her community service that was embedded in her as a child by her mother, the late Flossie Roberson. After attending college pursuing several careers she stopped by a show on the local public station and fell in love with broadcasting. After interning at that public station years later she was referred to KHVN and landed a spot on The Brother Joe Bagby Morning Show as producer, where she became a co-host and traffic reporter. Now you can hear J. Marie on the Sunday After Service 2pm to 6pm.
5 Quick Questions with J. Marie Camp:
1. My Favorite Scripture: Too many
2. My Favorite Song: ‘I Won’t Complain’ – Rev. Paul Jones
3. My Role Model: Any person that defies the odds inspires me.
4. One thing people don’t know about me: I am shy
5. When I’m not on the radio, I am . . . watching the Food Network.