Sunday: 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Host of KHVN’s Gospel Beat, Sundays 6pm to 10 pm
Hello to the KHVN listening audience here in D/FW and around the world. It is a privilege and an honor to sit in this studio to serve you and edify His body.
Who is Baraka? Well, I’m a native Texan, born and raised in Houston. I relocated to the Dallas area in 1995, met my beautiful wife Shantrell in 1997 and married her in 1998. We have 3 amazing daughters together starting with Xyria (9), Adani (7) and Ahbiel (1). Praise is what I do and worship is who I am.
I thank God for leading me into the broadcasting industry. I have truly found my calling, my passion, my purpose.
Tune into my show each and every Sunday from 6pm-10pm and lets share the best gospel music on-air and on-line, together.
Send me a shout out. Send a friend or family member a shout; just reach out and let me know you are listening. Show love. Be love, for God is love.
Now pump up the volume on your stereo, computer or other internet-ready device and stomp your feet to the Gospel Beat with me, Baraka-)
5 Quick Questions with Baraka Barnes:
1. My Favorite Scripture: Romans 8:19
2. My Favorite Song: ‘Praise On The Inside’- J. Moss
3. My Role Model: Jesus . . . I’m just sayin’ y’all
4. One thing people don’t know about me: I’m a stage actor. I like to say the ‘real’ me is on stage.
5. When I’m not on the radio, I am . . . enjoying down time with my wife and children and trying to get home to Houston to visit my Dad, Mom, Brother, Sisters and friends.